Help & Resources
Use these resources to help you reduce false alarms, get advice on keeping safe, obtain Compliance documents and obtain free Fire Action signs. Click the links below for the resource for you.
Building Warrant of Fitness Forms
Download inserts for your owners inspections manuals here for free - monthly forms for those who need to record monthly inspections and daily forms for the "unlock" check sheet for Crowd occupancies. These are a useful one-size-fits-all form to complete the necessary records. Follow these instructions to keep your Building Warrant of Fitness records as required by the Compliance Schedule.
- Grab a folder (ideally a ring-binder, so you can put more sheets in on top) and put some dividers in it.
- Put a copy of your Compliance Schedule at the front. If you don't have a copy of this, call our office and we can arrange this.
- Download the Owners Inspection sheets (below) for your building, cross out the features which do not appear on your schedule and insert them in the first section - Start with the month of the due date of your Warrant, and leave the second section free for these records to be filed in for next year. You need to keep at least TWO full years records.
- Any correspondence you receive from us, or other IQPs you have in your building should be filed in the third section.
- When you complete your years inspection sheets, download a fresh set from here and insert them into the current year section.
Owners inspections are monthly for most buildings, with daily inspections required in crowd occupancies such as schools, retail, bars and restaurants. Check your compliance schedule to confirm the applicable inspection regime for your building.
Contractor Advice Forms
Contractors working in a building are the number one cause of false alarms. These are forms you can use to inform tradespeople working within your site of how not to set your alarm off or damage your system. These forms are for you, but depend on the type of system in your site. Select from the type of system you have and click the link to download the file for your building. We encourage you to email this to any tradespeople who might be working in your site to ensure your system is not damaged or activated by people working in your building.
If in doubt - call our service team 24 hours on 03 366 7889 to help you.
Fire Evacuation - Trial Evacuation Report
For more information on fire evacuation refer to our Evacuation Management page.
When installing Evacuation signs in your building, you must comply with the standard which applies to your site. Read and download our handy guide on how to choose the correct evacuation signs to install.
Talk to us about how to conduct your trial evacuation to practice your procedures.
Fire Action Signs
Why pay $15 for a blue sign you have to write on anyway? Click on the Fire Action sign, download and print off on a colour printer. This is a compliant sign with the correct colour formats, and allows you to insert the appropriate text for the location of each sign. Laminate them (if you have a laminator) or insert them into a protective plastic cover from your stationery provider and hang them through your building.
Update: We now have two formats - the standard printable PDF version and now a new MS Word version which allows you to fill in your own fields electronically.
Then talk to us about how to conduct your trial evacuation to practice your procedures.
When installing Evacuation signs in your building, you must comply with the standard which applies to your site. This guide sets out to help you choose the correct signs to install.